Dolmabahce Clock Tower is a clock tower situated outside Dolmabahce Palace. The tower was constructed by the famous Armenian architect Sarkis Balyan between 1890 and 1895 with the order of Ottoman sultan Abdul Hamid II (1842-1918).
The clock tower was added to Dolmabahce Palace. In front of the clock tower, Treasury Gate stands on a square along the European waterfront of Bosphorus next to Dolmabahce Mosque.
Designed in Ottoman neo-baroque style, the four-sided, four-story tower stands at a height of 27 m. Its clock was manufactured by the renowned French clockmaker house of Jean-Paul Garnier, and installed by the court clock master Johann Mayer. In 1979, the original mechanical clock was converted partly to an electrical one. On two opposite sides of the tower, the tughra of Sultan Abdul Hamid II is put on.